The Royal family will be "overstretched and under-staffed" for some time after Prince Harry and Meghan Markle quit, insiders claim.
Wednesday marks one year since the couple officially quit as working royals in the highly-publicised Megxit.
Harry and Meghan walked out on royal life in their bid to become financially independent and move to the US, and their withdrawal from duties saw them lose their patronages of charities and institutions.
But insiders say the circle will feel their absence even more as royal visits resume with the coronavirus lockdown gradually easing.
A former member of the royal household told the National: "The problem the Royal family has is that without Meghan and Harry and without Prince Andrew, there's a lot of charity patronage that has gone and there not a lot of royals left who can fill the roles.
"Until the next generation comes along with William's children, George, Louis and Charlotte, come of age and the Earl of Wessex's (Prince Edward's) children as well, there will be a lot of vacancies to fill and they will be quite overstretched."
Another royal source said: "There is certainly going to be a cog missing because the Sussexes are no longer there.
"As things open up post-pandemic, the big events are not going to have the allure of Prince Harry and Meghan walking down the red carpet at a charity gala or theatrical opening.
"That's when people will really notice their absence and the pulling power that they had for charities and British institutions."
In the couple's bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey earlier in March, Harry complained about being "financially cut off" by the family.
But reports show that Harry and his brother Prince William received the bulk of the £13 million fortune left by their late mother, Princess Diana.
And Harry and Meghan have signed a deal with Netflix thought to be worth around $100 million (£73 million).
They have a similar agreement with music streaming service Spotify thought to be for $25 million (£18 million).
Source: Read Full Article