Revel scooters returning to NYC streets after three fatal crashes

Revel’s mopeds will return to New York City streets Thursday morning, the company announced.

The scooter share’s return comes one month after it shut down its 3,000-vehicle fleet after three fatal collisions in the span of just 10 days.

Mayor Bill de Blasio had said the embattled transportation company would not be welcome back until city officials are “satisfied it can be done safely.”

Since then, the company has added mandatory in-app “how-to” videos, as well as a requirement that riders snap shots of themselves in their helmets before taking off.

Revel also now requires a 20-minute safety test, which a rep said consists of 26 questions.

The scooter-share service, launched in New York City in 2018, boomed in popularity after the start of the coronavirus crisis in March.

Share this article:

Source: Read Full Article