Moment bragging teen killer re-enacts how he knifed man to death

Chilling moment bragging teenage killer, 17, who knifed to death ‘talented’ musician, 35, in his own home re-enacts how he carried out sickening murder

  • Jack Hindley and Samuel Jones were jailed for life over Edward Reeve’s murder
  • The 17-year-olds stabbed the musician, 35, at his home on New Year’s Eve 2021
  • They pair then attended a party where they bragged to friends about the killing
  • The judge handed the teens life sentences, with a minimum term of 18 years

This is the horrifying moment teenage killer Samuel Jones was caught on CCTV re-enacting how he fatally stabbed a 35-year-old musician in his own home.

In the footage the 16-year-old can be seen in a camouflage hoodie showing how he repeatedly slashed at a helpless Edward Reeve.

Jones and another 16-year-old, Jack Hindley, stabbed their victim multiple times even as he desperately ran out into his garden for help.

The pair were found guilty of murder and have been jailed for life after stabbing talented keyboard player Edward to death.

Mr Reeve suffered multiple stab wounds in the attack at his home in Christchurch, Dorset, on New Year’s Eve. He was not found until January 4 when officers responded to the residence for a welfare check.

Mr Justice Sweeney, who lifted reporting restrictions at Winchester Crown Court to allow the naming of Hindley and Jones, told the teenagers they must serve a minimum term of 18 years after handing them life sentences yesterday.

Pictured: CCTV footage captured the horrifying moment teenage killer Samuel Jones re-enacted how he fatally stabbed 35-year-old musician Edward Reeve in his own home

Jones (pictured) was one of two teenagers convicted of murdering 35-year-old Edward Reeve 

Hindley, from Christchurch, and Jones, from Bournemouth, were 16 at the time of the attack. They reportedly showed no emotion as the sentence was handed down.

Mr Justice Sweeney said the pair ‘jointly and brutally attacked’ Mr Reeve in his living room with their ‘respective knives’, with Hindley striking the first blow.

‘Edward Reeve made desperate attempts to get away from the attack on him including trying and succeeding to get out into the garden. However, in the end, he suffered eight stab wounds,’ the judge declared.

He added that afterwards the defendants ‘excitedly bragged’ to three girls about what they had done and were seen ‘fist-bumping, laughing and hugging’ before posing for a ‘team photograph’.

The court heard that Mr Reeve, who had a history of psychiatric illness, was probably chased by his attackers before being left to bleed to death.

The victim’s father, John Reeve, said in a statement read to court: ‘I devoted my whole life to him and his happiness and his well-being.

Jack Hindley (left) and Samuel Jones (right), both 17, have been jailed for life over the ‘brutal’ murder of a ‘vulnerable’ musician. A judge handed the teens life sentences over the slaying, with a minimum term of 18 years

‘He was known far and wide for his music which was played on BBC radio.

‘He was a lovely man and a talented musician.’

The 69-year-old added: ‘They stole Edward’s life in a wicked, violent and despicable manner.’

The victim’s mother, Jayne Newey, echoed: ‘He was a beautiful boy and grew up to be such a kind and gentle man.’

His aunt, Helen Newey, described the defendants as ‘pure evil’ and described the killing as a ‘horror show’.

The statement of a 15-year-old girl who found Mr Reeve’s body was also read to the court. She said: ‘I have sleep paralysis; I would see him at the end of my bed just standing there and I saw him just lying there.

Speaking after their conviction at court, the family of Mr Reeves (pictured) said that his teenage killers were ‘pure evil’ and that his murder was like a ‘horror show’ come to life

‘I couldn’t focus on school as I was just seeing him behind me in window reflections.

‘I feel anxious and very low, I do not go out much.’

Mr Reeve met his attackers outside a local shop and had sought to buy drugs from them to self-medicate for his mental well-being, the court heard.

Riel Karmy-Jones KC, prosecuting, said: ‘The victim was particularly vulnerable because of his disability.’

Mr Reeve invited the teens back to his home but the attack happened when they visited again on December 31, 2021.

The defendants claimed during the trial that they had acted in self-defence after Mr Reeve accused them of stealing his computer, but the pair were convicted unanimously by the jury of his murder.

Mr Reeve was stabbed in the attack at his home in Christchurch, Dorset, on New Year’s Eve. He was not found until January 4 when officers went to his home for a welfare check (pictured) 

The court heard that the defendants bragged afterwards about the killing to friends and even attended a party with blood still on their clothes. Pictured: Forensic team at the scene

They were also convicted of possessing two knives which the prosecution said were taken to the scene of the killing.

The court heard that the defendants bragged afterwards about the killing to friends and even attended a party with blood still on their clothes. 

Announcing the judgement to allow the defendants to be named, Mr Justice Sweeney said that open reporting could have a ‘deterrent effect’ on youth knife crime and attacks in the home which he said were ‘two areas of public concern’.

He added: ‘There is greater weight in open justice and unrestricted reporting than in the interests of these defendants.’

Jones had previous convictions for possessing a knife and burglary.

Source: Read Full Article