On the June 18, 2021 episode of /Film Daily, /Film Editorial Director Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film weekend editor Brad Oman, senior writer Ben Pearson, and writer Hoai-Tran Bui to discuss what they’ve been up to at the Water Cooler.
Opening Banter: Jacob and Chris aren’t here this week.
At The Water Cooler:
- What we’ve been Doing:
- Peter went to Orlando Florida for the grand opening of the VelociCoaster at Universal’s Islands of Adventure. It was an experience going from mask-mandated California to Maskless Florida, including some interesting Uber rides. Oh and did I mention it was really really hot?
- Hoai-Tran read Crying in H Mart by Michelle Zauner, is reading Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia, is distraught at having caught up with the Haikyu!! anime and has been reading the manga but it’s not the same.
- Brad started reading Slimed!: An Oral History of Nickelodeon’s Golden Age
- Peter and Hoai-Tran watched Black Widow.
- Peter, Hoai-Tran, Brad, and Ben watched Luca.
- Peter, Brad, and Ben watched In The Heights.
- Hoai-Tran and Ben watched Bo Burnham’s Inside.
- Hoai-Tran watched Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down and Zola.
- Ben watched Enter the Dragon and Foreign Correspondent.
- Brad watched The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It
- Brad tried Jimmy Dean’s Breakfast Nuggets, Barq’s Root Beer Float Push-Ups, Lucky Charms Marshmallow Clusters cereal.
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at [email protected]. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on Apple Podcasts, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.
Source: Read Full Article