We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
Earlier this week, Strictly Come Dancing fans feared the worst when contestant HRVY revealed he tested positive for coronavirus. A BBC spokesperson later confirmed the news and fellow contestant Jacqui Smith has since spoken out on the status of this year’s series following unconfirmed reports a member of the Strictly crew had also tested positive for the virus.
Good Morning Britain host Kate Garraway quizzed Jacqui on the BBC series during a segment involving the MP discussing the day’s headlines.
Kate began: “Jacqui, while we talk to you about Donald Trump in terms of positive Covid-19.
“I just want to have one word with you about Strictly. Not the normal fun and games we normally have because Covid-19 has hit the series, hasn’t it?
“Harvey Cantwell (HRVY) has tested positive, one of your competitors in the series, and I understand there are some reports that one of the crew has too.”
Read more: Craig Revel Horwood speaks out on Anton Du Beke’s retirement
“Has this meant you’ve had to look at whether you’ve mixed with people?” Kate asked.
“Or have you been contacted about this? What is the position [that] you’ve been told?”
Jacqui replied: “Well, first of all, HRVY is an absolute sweetie I was in touch with him yesterday he’s completely fine, he’s got no symptoms.
“The reason why he knows he’s got COVID is because all of us are testing regularly.”
“I’ve had two tests, in fact, this week and one result that was negative,” the Jacqui continued.
“Strictly is still going ahead there are all sorts of extremely careful restrictions and conditions in place in order to enable the programme to happen
“And HRVY I’m sure will be back after his isolation period in time to take part in the competition
“All of us have sent us our love to HRVY and he’s obviously really peeved that he’s having to stay at home.”
Jamie Redknapp snubbed by The One Show’s Alex Jones [INSIGHT]
Bradley Walsh halts The Chase as contestant leaves him red-faced [VIDEO]
Peaky Blinders season 6: Tommy Shelby’s death sealed in Hitler twist? [SPOILER]
“But he’ll be back and Strictly will be going on,” she added.
On Thursday, the YouTube star shared an update to his Twitter followers.
He shared: “Hi, I wasn’t going to worry anyone and say anything but now the story’s out, I have coronavirus, I’m all good, no symptoms, just isolating for the next 10 days.
“Already super bored so prepare yourselves for my Tik Toks.” (sic)
A BBC spokesperson confirmed HRVY had tested for coronavirus earlier this week.
He is said to be quarantining until October 8, just four days before the contestants will be paired with their professional dancers.
“We can confirm that a member of the Strictly team has tested positive for coronavirus and they are now self-isolating at home following the latest government guidelines,” a spokesperson for Strictly said.
“We have rigorous protocols in place to manage Covid-19 as the safety of all those involved in the production is paramount.”
Strictly Come Dancing returns in October on BBC One.
Source: Read Full Article