Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox
Piers Morgan has assured fans that he will be back on TV "soon" after he was recently cleared by Ofcom over his remarks about Meghan Markle back in March.
Taking to Twitter on Monday, the presenter, 56, shared a picture with a group of fans as he teased his next project after previously announcing that he is preparing a "global" comeback.
Piers tweeted: "Great to meet my Yorkshire fan club this morning. Thanks for all the support, ladies – and don’t worry, I’ll be back on TV soon…"
It comes after the broadcaster said he "wouldn't go back" to Good Morning Britain after Ofcom cleared him over his remarks about Meghan earlier this year.
The journalist made Ofcom history as his rants about the Duchess of Sussex became the most complained about moment on TV, with a total of 57,121 complaints.
Meghan, 40, was amongst those who complained to the regulator about Piers' comments. The former GMB host sensationally stormed off the ITV set and later quit the show following his rants.
However, Ofcom has since ruled that Piers' comments have not broken any of the regulator's rules.
Once he won the Ofcom battle, Piers tweeted: "I’m delighted OFCOM has endorsed my right to disbelieve the Duke & Duchess of Sussex’s incendiary claims to Oprah Winfrey, many of which have proven to be untrue. This is a resounding victory for free speech and a resounding defeat for Princess Pinocchios.
"Do I get my job back?"
His post sparked rumours of a return to the ITV breakfast show but Piers has since said that he "wouldn't go back" to GMB and that he posted the message to "prove a point".
He added that he is working on a new project set to launch in the next few weeks, which he promises will take him "global."
"I put that post on social media asking if I’d get my job back to prove a point," he told the Daily Mail. "I wouldn’t go back, not without a public apology and I’m not going to get one.
"I’ve got much bigger things coming up. The future is exciting. The next project is global, it’s big.
"I can’t say what but people are going to hear about it within the next few weeks."
Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!
Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…
Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!
Sign up here
He added that he has had offers for work since the Ofcom ruling was announced.
However, co-host Susanna Reid also confirmed he won't be making a return, telling GMB viewers: "He tweeted 'does this mean I get my job back,' but ITV effectively said he's not coming back.
"He's been inundated with offers, particularly after yesterday, so I'm sure he's got plenty of things to consider."
For the latest showbiz news and updates, sign up to our daily OK! newsletter.
Source: Read Full Article