GLASTONBURY has been cancelled for a second year running, according to Spice Girls star Mel B.
The 45-year-old singer claimed she was told told that Britain's biggest music festival will not be happening.
Speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live today she said: "I know that Glastonbury has been cancelled.
"A lot of big stage performances are on hold again this year. It's sad, but we've got to get this virus under control."
She added sadly that she had hoped to play the Sunday night legends slot on the 25th anniversary of the Spice Girls, saying: "I've always wanted to do that, all of us have."
When surprised presenter Nihal Arthanayake said the festival had not been called off, Mel insisted: "They did today – unfortunately."
However, organiser Emily Eavis rejected Mel's claim saying: "Happy new year to you all! There’s no news this end yet, we haven't cancelled."
The Sun revealed last month that the chances of staging Glastonbury, which is famous around the world, were all but dead.
A festival source said: “The bookers have been told they’re not needed for the summer. It’s effectively postponing the festival for a second year running, which is absolutely gutting.”
The Sun Online has contacted a rep for the festival.
Source: Read Full Article