Sorry Winter Park skiers and boarders, but you’ll be stuck in I-70 ski traffic this winter just like everyone else.
The Winter Park Express, a partnership between Amtrak and Winter Park, won’t run during the 2020-21 winter season due to coronavirus precautions.
“Amtrak and Winter Park Resort evaluated seating options on the Winter Park Express and agreed that with social distancing requirements, it was not possible to operate the train successfully this season,” the two companies said in a joint press statement Wednesday.
On its other trains, Amtrak has reduced the number of tickets to create enough space for social distancing.
Amtrak and Winter Park said the two will take the winter season to explore ways to improve the ski train when it returns in 2022.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter, The Adventurist, to get outdoors news sent straight to your inbox.
- When Colorado ski resorts plan to open this season. Plus, how much snowfall is expected this winter.
- Vail Resorts CEO says reservation system could be lifted during season if it proves unnecessary
- Colorado’s newest ski area Bluebird Backcountry moving locations, adding three times the terrain
- Copper Mountain adding parking reservation system for upcoming season
- Aspen Skiing Co. lays off staff for first time in nearly 20 years
Source: Read Full Article