BOXING legends Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr are preparing to do battle in a spectacular bout.
The 54-year-old Tyson will face Jones, 51, in a long-awaited fight, with the Baddest Man on the Planet dropping an incredible SIX stone to get in shape.
The exhibition bout really will be one for the ages.
The California State Commission say the exhibition bout will be fought under the rules that both men will not look for the knock-out and will instead "exhibit" their skills, but both fighters have come out and said the contrary.
When is Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr?
- The big fight is now set for Thanksgiving Weekend – Saturday, November 28 at the Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California.
- It was originally set to take place on September 12 but the event has been postponed until later in the year.
- The undercard is expected to start at 6pm local time which is 2am GMT and the main event will follow between 4am and 5am GMT.
- The legends are set to eight rounds in the ring, with Youtube star Jake Paul and NBA star Nate Robinson confirmed for the undercard.
Where can I live stream Tyson vs Jones Jr?
- The social media site Triller will be airing the fight.
- It will be on a pay-per-view basis, with reports the event will cost $49.99.
- It's set to be an all-star night as artists such as Snoop Dogg, Lil' Wayne, The Weeknd and Pitbull are going to be performing.
What TV channel will be Tyson vs Jones Jr be on?
The fight is unlikely to be streamed on TV in the UK, opting instead to be on put on live stream through social media app Triller.
What are the rules of the fight?
The fight will be contested over eight, two-minute rounds.
No headguards will be worn but the fighters will be wearing larger 12-ounce gloves.
Technically the fight can only be stopped if there is a knock-out, but California State Athletic Commission executive director Andy Forster said he will stop it as soon as a cut appears.
Forster said: "Tyson and Jones Jr. won’t be wearing headgear for the fight. They’ll be lacing up 12-ounce gloves and there won’t be any judges present at the fight to score the action. So, technically, there won’t be a winner unless a knockout somehow occurs, or either fighter is deemed unfit to continue.
"They can move around and make some money, but I told them if you get cut, it’s over."
What have they said?
Mike Tyson: "We're throwing punches at each other. This is going to be my definition of fun … broken eye sockets, broken jaw, broken rib. That's fun to me."
Roy Jones Jr: "He's still Mike Tyson, he's still one of the strongest, most explosive people who ever touched a boxing ring. If anything, I made a mistake going in with him. He's the bigger guy, he's the explosive guy. He's going to have all the first-round fireworks, not me. I do have first-round fireworks, but he's known for more first-round fireworks than anybody to ever touch boxing, other than maybe George Foreman."
Source: Read Full Article