MANCHESTER UNITED begin their Premier League title charge with a home match against long-time rivals Leeds TODAY.
Marcelo Bielsa's side will be hoping to improve on their result against Man Utd at Old Trafford last season, where they lost 6-2.
But United have made impressive signings in Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane since then.
What time does Man Utd vs Leeds kick-off?
- Man Utd's opening Premier League game will get underway from 12.30pm UK time on Saturday, August 14.
- The game will take place at Old Trafford in Manchester.
- The stadium will be at full capacity following the ending of crowd restrictions in the UK.
What channel is it and can it be live streamed?
- Man Utd vs Leeds will be shown live on BT Sport 1 and BT Sport 1 HD.
- You can live stream the action from the BT Sport app, which is available for download onto your mobile device, tablet or Smart TV.
- Coverage of the game will begin from 11.30am UK time.
Can I watch for FREE?
- EE customers can get BT Sport INCLUDED to their plan at no extra cost if they are on a plan with Smart Benefits – simply log in to EE and choose BT Sport app.
- And then get it on the big screen by texting SPORT to 150 to get a FREE three-month trial of large screen so you can cast all the action on your TV.
- At the end of the three months you will automatically roll onto the £15 per month subscription unless cancelled.
Man Utd will have to do without a number of first-team stars for their home clash with Leeds.
Edinson Cavani isn't likely to be in United's squad, having been given extra-time to recover following his Copa America duties.
Jadon Sancho should make his debut but don't be surprised if that's from the bench.
Diego Llorente will miss the game with a leg injury while Jamie Shackleton has been passed fit for the clash.
Stuart Dallas and Calvin Phillips should start in midfield for Bielsa's side.
- Man Utd win – 40/85
- Draw – 7/2
- Leeds win – 9/2
*Odds courtesy of Betfair and correct at time of publication.
Stay up to date with all the latest from Old Trafford in our live blog,…
- Alex Terrell
FOOTBALL IS BACK
Good morningand welcome to SunSport's live blog of Manchester United vs Leeds United in the Premier League.
You can't get much better than this classic fixture, a trans-Pennine tussle between the red roses of Manchester and the white roses from Yorkshire.
And how much would Marcelo Bielsa love to spoil the party at Old Trafford with the 75,000 fans back in the ground?
United have at least one shiny new signing to potentially show off with Jadon Sancho arriving after his bit-part role for England at Euro 2020.
There is a feeling of optimism around United going into this season, but perhaps also an understanding that one more signing would be ideal to truly put up a big title challenge.
Raphael Varane remains a transfer that is still waiting in the wings to be confirmed at United and there are still some sales to be made with fringe players in the squad.
As for Leeds, last season's ninth-placed finish was a welcome return to top flight football and Bielsa has done a wonderful job of developing good Premier League players – case in point being Kalvin Phillips, who was superb at the Euros.
But what next for the men in white, can they push on to the European places this season?
Getting a result at Old Trafford today would be the perfect start on that mission.
Source: Read Full Article