Fresh off a huge win over the Florida Gators, the LSU Tigers (6-0) will play another SEC game against the Mississippi State Bulldogs (3-3) Saturday afternoon. The No. 2-ranked Tigers are predictably big favorites in this one, but as with any in-conference game, anything can happen. Here, we break down the LSU vs. Mississippi State odds and lines, with college football betting picks and tips.
LSU at Mississippi State: Betting trends and tips
Looking to place a bet on this game or others? Get some action in the game at BetMGM and have some extra skin in the game. Sign up and bet at BetMGM now!
- LSU is 6-0 on the year, but the Tigers are just 4-2 against the spread. Mississippi State is 2-4 ATS in 2019.
- The Tigers are 4-0 ATS in their last four road games and 12-4 ATS against the SEC in their last 16 games.
- Mississippi State is 6-1 ATS in its last seven games at home and 24-6 ATS in home games against teams above .500.
- LSU is 1-4 ATS in its last five games against Mississippi State.
- LSU has scored 42 points in each of its last two games and has topped 42 points in all six games this season.
- Mississippi State has lost back-to-back games, falling 20-10 to Tennessee last week and 56-23 the week before.
- The over is 8-1 in LSU’s last nine games and 4-1 in the last five road games for the Tigers.
- The total has gone Over the projection in five of MSU’s last seven games.
LSU at Mississippi State: Odds, betting lines and picks
Oct 12, 2019; Knoxville, TN, USA; Mississippi State Bulldogs wide receiver Deddrick Thomas (2) catches a pass for a touchdown in the fourth quarter of a game against the Tennessee Volunteers at Neyland Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Bryan Lynn-USA TODAY Sports
Oct 12, 2019; Knoxville, TN, USA; Mississippi State Bulldogs wide receiver Deddrick Thomas (2) catches a pass for a touchdown in the fourth quarter of a game against the Tennessee Volunteers at Neyland Stadium. (Photo Credit: Bryan Lynn – USA TODAY Sports)
Odds via BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated Thursday at 4 p.m. ET.
LSU 48, Mississippi State 24
Moneyline ( ?)
I firmly believe LSU is going to win this game, but it’s not worth gambling on the moneyline. The Tigers’ moneyline is -1000, which means you’d have to lay down $1,000 just to win $100. It’s not worth the risk, nor is a bet on the Bulldogs’ moneyline of +625. There just isn’t enough of a chance for them to win this game.
Against the Spread ( ?)
With the way LSU has been playing, the Tigers should win this one handily. They’re clearly the better team and covering a spread of 18.5 points shouldn’t be a huge challenge. The defense is one of the best in the country, and few offenses can touch the production of QB Joe Burrow and the Tigers’ unit. Give the points and take the TIGERS-18.5 (-110).
Over/Under ( ?)
When the Tigers play, bet the Over. Their offense can put up 45 points with ease thanks to Heisman candidate Joe Burrow and it’s not as if the Bulldogs defense is particularly dominant. The total of 60.5 points is a lot, but LSU can cover nearly all of that by itself. Take the OVER 60.5 (-115).
Get some action in this one, place a bet with BetMGM today. And for more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com.
Follow @camdasilva and @SportsbookWire on Twitter.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
Patrick Mahomes’ injury could mean the Madden Curse has struck again
Patrick Mahomes injury update: What we know Friday morning
Two brutal graphics aired during TNF showed just how bad John Elway is at finding QBs
Patrick Mahomes’ knee injury is another sad reminder that TNF is dangerous and dumb
CC Sabathia had an emotional exit after an injury knocked him out of his possible finale
Source: Read Full Article