PARENTS hoping to stock on cheap Christmas gifts for kids can currently get up to 75% off toys at The Entertainer.
The retailer has launched a huge 50% off sale on more than 800 toys online as a half-term special but when The Sun checked we found discounts of up to 75%.
Popular brands in the sale include Disney, Paw Patrol, and Star Wars.
It's unclear how the long the sale lasts and if it's available in store too but give it's for half-term we imagine it will likely end this week. We've asked The Entertainer and we'll update this story when we hear back.
If you do buy online remember to factor in delivery costs. The Entertainer charges £3.99 standard delivery for orders under £39.99 or it's free on orders above this.
Click and collect is free but you have to place a minimum £15 order. Use The Entertainer's store locator tool to find your nearest.
What to watch out for when buying toys online
HERE are the British Toy and Hobby Association’s top tips for buying toys online:
- Shop early. Don't leave ourchases to the last minute rush which might leave you fewer options of where to buy from.
- Check out third-party sellers. Look for sellers you recognise and trust. Be cautious of retailers you don't know and do your research checking reviews and where they're based.
- Go for branded toys. Try and choose a branded toy as then you can compare it to the manufacturer's own website to check it's legit.
- Be careful of going for the cheapest price. If something looks too good to be true, it probably is.
- Check if there are any age restrictions. Make sure you give suitable toys to children based on their age.
- Check reviews carefully. Some reviews are fake so look carefully at the comments.
- Stay with children at first. When your child opens a toy for the first time, stay with them and check for faults, detachable small parts, access to stuffing and loose or accessible batteries or magnets.
And just because The Entertainer has a sale doesn't mean it's prices are always going to be cheapest. Use an online price comparison tool such as Google Shopping or Price Spy to check prices elsewhere before buying.
Also try to ensure online sellers and toys are legitimate as new research has found that 60% of toys sold on sites such as Amazon and eBay "could injure or kill kids".
Here are some of our top picks from The Entertainer's sale below.
Owleez Flying Baby Owl Interactive Toy – Pink
- Was: £59.99. Now: £14.99. Save: £45 (75%) – buy now
This interactive toy is suitable for kids aged six upwards.
You can stroke and tickle the owl to prompt 100 movements and sounds, including its eye colour changing.
This is the cheapest price we could find an Owleez toy being sold for online.
Disney Beauty and the Beast Village Dress Belle
- Was: £19. Now: £6.33. Save: £12.67 (67%) – buy now
This doll is suitable for children aged three-plus.
It sees Belle dressed in her village outfit and shoes – both of which are removable – inspired by her get-up in Disney's live-action movie Beauty and the Beast.
Elsewhere, this doll is being sold for the same £6.33 on Amazon but delivery will cost £3.99 on top unless you spend over £20 or have Prime in which case it's free.
Star Wars Force Link – Rose (First Order Disguise), BB-8 and BB-9E
- Was: £17. Now: £6.80. Save: £10.20 (60%) – buy now
This set features Rose from Star Wars in her First Order disguise, plus robots BB-8 and BB-9E.
Pair this with Star Wars' force link starter set, which you have to buy separately, and the figures will speak to you with phrases from the films.
We did find this particular set being sold for less on Amazon by third party seller Howleys Toy Shop for £4.99 but delivery was £4.99 taking the total price to £9.98.
Paw Patrol Ultimate Rescue – Skye’s Ultimate Rescue Helicopter
- Was: £39.99. Now: £19.99. Save: £20 (50%) – buy now
This Paw Patrol rescue set, which is suitable for kids aged three-plus, includes pups Skye and Marshall plus two AAA batteries.
The cheapest price we could find the chopper for elsewhere is also £19.99 at Amazon and Debenhams.
Amazon charges £3.99 delivery (it's free on orders over £20 or if you have Prime), while it's £3.49 at Debenhams (free on orders over £50) or you can click and collect to store for free.
DreamWorks Trolls World Tour Glitter Hair Set
- Was: £12. Now: £6. Save: £6 (50%) – buy now
This Trolls inspired set, which is designed to add some sparkle to your hair, includes three chalk markers, three pots of glitter, hair gel and a brush.
Suitable for children aged seven-plus, it's the cheapest price we could find the set being sold for by major retailers online.
LOL Surprise! Rock On Aluminium 400ml Drinking Bottle
- Was: £6. Now: £3. Save: £3 (50%) – buy now
This bottle fits 400ml of liquid inside, so fill it up with your favourite squash or water and prepare for your next adventure.
It's suitable for children aged three-plus, and this is the cheapest price we could find the bottle for online.
If you're unsure what toys to buy little ones this year Amazon, Argos, and Hamleys have all revealed their top toys for 2020.
B&M and Wilko have also recently launched toy sales in the run-up to Christmas.
Elsewhere, Aldi is selling a Peppa Pig advent calendar that contains 24 books for kids.
If you click on a link in this article and buy a product we will earn revenue.
Source: Read Full Article