Should’ve gone to the salon! Social media users share their WORST DIY hair dye disasters in hilarious snaps – including women who suffered allergic reactions and a man left with a blue forehead
- Bored Panda rounded up snaps showing hilarious DIY hair dye mishaps
- One girl washed her hair dye out in shower and was left with a purple body
- Many suffered allergic reactions causing their faces to swell up
Many of us have attempted to take matters into our own hands and dye our hair at home – but these hilarious fails will make you leave it to the professionals.
Bored Panda has compiled a series of snaps from around the world showcasing when bleaching and colouring your locks goes very wrong.
One girl who covered her newly bleached locks with a Wallmart bag to ‘keep the heat in’ ended up with the print of the bag on her head.
Another decided to wash her dye out in the shower instead of over the sink, and ended up turning her face, hands and body purple.
Many more forgot to patch test their box dyes before using them, resulting in allergic reactions causing their faces to swell.
Here FEMAIL round up the most unfortunate hair mishaps…
Many of us have attempted to take matters into our own hands and dye our hair at home, but one person put a Wallmart bag on newly bleached locks to ‘keep the heat in’ and ended up with the print transferring to her head
Bored Panda have compiled a series of snaps showcasing when bleaching and colouring your locks goes very wrong, including one girl who washed her hair dye out in the shower and ended up with purple skin
Another girl had a mishap after her dye bled on to her whole body in the shower and ended up turning her the same colour as her T-shirt
This person had a disaster after dyeing their hair resulted in a swollen head, and joked that is why they tell you to test it on a small patch of skin first
This man attempted to add colour to his hair, but ended up with a blue forehead. Unable to remove it, he revealed to a friend he was due into work the next day
Many forgot to patch test their box dyes before using them, resulting in allergic reactions causing their faces to swell, like this girl who could only open one eye
Share this article
Another snap shows a girl with the writing from a plastic bag on her bleached hair that transferred over when she placed it over the top
This person let her friend, who is training to be a hairdresser, practice on their locks. The left picture is what they were attempting and the right is what it turned out like
Oh no! This girl was left with purple skin after her father told her to wash it off in the shower, resulting in the colour spreading everywhere
One woman was left with dye covering her forehead and neck after asking her husband to lend a hand and colour her locks for her
Another person tried to bleach their hair and then added relaxer to take out the frizz. They were left with hair that was ‘beyond recovery’, with chunks coming away
One woman was shocked after dye she used that was advertised as dark brown ended up being blonde, leaving a chunk of her hair a different colour
This person was left with dyed blue skin after their gloves burst while they were dying their friends hair and now their skin was left stained
Source: Read Full Article