Genius trick for drying sneakers in MINUTES in the machine without them banging against the walls: ‘I wish I knew this years ago’
- A Sydney mum shared her trick for drying shoes in the dryer without the noise
- Gee Edwards said to tie the laces in a double knot and trap them in the door
- The shoes will be suspended in the drum and secured by the double knot
- Gee’s trick prevents the shoes from creating a ruckus or damaging the dryer
- She shared the handy hack in a TikTok video which has since gone viral
An Australian mum has shared a genius hack for drying shoes in the dryer without causing damage and preventing them from bouncing around the drum.
Gee Edwards, from Sydney, has gone viral on TikTok after she posted a clip demonstrating how she secured the shoe’s laces in the dryer door before turning it on.
‘Life hack #1206 I wish I knew years ago,’ the handy mum wrote in the video simply captioned ‘You’re welcome’.
Scroll down for video
Sydney mum Gee Edwards has shared her handy hack for drying shoes in the tumble dryer without them bouncing around in the drum causing a ruckus
To stop the shoes tumbling around in the dryer, Gee started by tying the laces on her newly washed, white sneakers together in a double knot.
She then drapes the laces over the dryer door so the shoes are inside and the knot is outside preventing the sneakers from falling in once the machine is turned on.
When Gee puts the dryer on a cycle, the shoes stay in place without clunking about the drum, making noise, or harming the machine.
To stop the shoes tumbling around in the dryer, Gee started by tying the laces on her newly washing, white sneakers together in a double knot
She then drapes the laces over the dryer door so the shoes are inside and the knot is outside preventing the sneakers from falling in once the machine is turned on
Her clip went viral with more than 485,800 views and had many in the comments wishing they knew the clever trick sooner.
‘WHAT. I’ve been doing it sooooooo wrong,’ one viewer exclaimed and a second said: ‘I wish I knew this sooner I broke the lock on my dryer from putting my husband’s shoes in to dry’.
A third said their ‘mind was blown’ while another suggested using the same hack in the washing machine when cleaning your sneakers.
Hack: How to dry shoes in the dryer
1. Check the shoes’ label to see if you can machine dry them: Look on the inside of the shoes to find their care information, usually listed on the inner heel or tongue. The label should tell you if you can machine dry them or if you need to air dry them.
2. Machine dry canvas, cotton, or polyester shoes: If you can’t find the shoes’ care label, consider what material the shoes are made of. You can probably use the dryer if the shoes are made of cotton, canvas, nylon, or polyester.
Avoid machine drying animal-based fabrics such as leather or suede and you may not want to dry shoes with sequins or other embellishments because they may fall off.
3. Tie a knot with both shoelaces: Place the shoes so they’re right next to each other and gather the laces. Then, tie a knot with both of the laces so the shoes are tied together.
4. Hang the shoes in the machine and close the laces in the door: Hold the shoes by the laces and drape them over the door so the shoes are in the dryer. Keep holding the laces and close the door so the laces are stuck in place.
Try to position the laces so the knot is outside of the dryer to prevent the shoes from falling into the dryer once you turn the machine on.
5. Turn the dryer to the air dry setting: If your machine doesn’t have this setting, just program it to the lowest temperature. It’s important to use little or no heat so your shoes don’t shrink as the fabric dries.
6. Dry the shoes for 20 minutes and check them: Leave the shoes to dry for about 20 minutes. Feel the inside of the shoes to ensure they’re dry. If the shoes aren’t completely dry, hang them on the door again and dry them for another five minutes.
Source: Read Full Article