Asda shopper complains about missing daffodils… before realising what husband had done

Monty Don gives tips on planting daffodils in grass

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.

Helen’s helpful husband, Dave had unpacked the shopping and put the flowers in the fridge – after mistaking them for spring onions.

The daffodils had been lying amongst the vegetables in the fridge for three whole days before being discovered on Saturday evening.

Helen who runs a lifestyle blog, shared the funny story on her Twitter page.

She wrote: “Funny story. I ordered some daffs from asda this week which didn’t turn up so I complained and got a refund. 

“Turns out Dave thought they were spring onions and they’ve been in the fridge for the last 3 days.”

The tweet has received 87.6k likes and thousands of retweets. 

One Twitter user wrote:  “As a greengrocer, I can confirm this happens on a very regular basis.”

Another said: “This made me laugh out loud. Bless him!”

READ MORE Common bouquet flowers that can be poisonous to humans

A third commented: “Glad it isn’t just me who has made this mistake.”

Another added: “In Dave’s defence, It’s easily done!”

Optical retail chain, Specsavers even joined in the fun and joked: “See you soon, Dave.”

But some Twitter users warned of the dangers of accidentally eating daffodil’s. 

DONT MISS 
Shade loving plants: Which plants are best planted in shade?
Man ‘gobsmacked’ at X-rated floral tribute left at a grave
Gardening: Mrs Hinch fans share ‘lemonade’ trick to keep flowers fresh

One wrote: “This is seriously dangerous. My mum and brother once ate daffodil bulbs by mistake thinking they were onions. 

“Both were violently sick for days. No stupid jokes about coming out in the spring – please be careful folks.”

Another added: “Daffodils are poisonous and should definitely not be eaten! 

“Although I think this is more the bulbs than stalks and flowers, mixing them up can be fatal.”

Helen placed the flowers in water after their chilly adventure and was thrilled when they still bloomed.

Source: Read Full Article