SUMMER is here and lockdown has eased which means more time catching up with friends.
Preparing herself for some fun nights out, fashion lover Grace Norris from Lancashire treated herself to a whole new wardrobe – and saved a whopping £245 in the process.
The 20-year-old administrator said she "loves to cash in on big sales," and by knowing exactly "what clothes I need" she is always able to "find the biggest discounts."
Grace decided to check out Asos during it's "biggest ever sale event" and while it's a popular fashion site featuring an array of popular brands, she has some tips to find the best deals – and using a secret sale site is key.
The fashion-obsessed shopper sure had her finger on the pulse as she predicted the upcoming sales which had items slashed by up to 80% off.
Speakingto LovetheSales.com, Grace said: "I noticed Asos started its ‘biggest ever sale event’ last week, with thousands of fashion items discounted at up to 70% off.
"I had a quick browse and the majority of deals I found were themed around ‘going out’ fashion.
“I had an inkling that with Monday’s announcement of a lockdown extension, there might be extra ‘going out’ clothing added to the Asos sale. Low and behold Asos supersized the sale, adding thousands of extra discounts with now up to 80% off.” [sic]
Rather than scour through the 70,000 sale items, Grace had another way to instantly find exactly what she wanted.
"I went onto deal marketplace LovetheSales.com, and used its discount filter to only see Asos sale products that had a 50%+ discount," she revealed.
What Grace bought:
1. AX Paris cami strap mini dress in white – Grace spent £9.80, she saved £35.20 (78% off) through the Asos sale
2. Forever U oversized blazer with utility belt in black – Grace spent £41.60, she saved £88.40 (68% off) through the Asos sale
3. 4th and Reckless mini blazer dress in pink – Grace spent £15.30, she saved £29.70 (66% off) through the Asos sale
4. Carvela Jayla shoulder bag in black croc – Grace spent £21, she saved £38 (64% off) through the Asos sale
5. New Look square neck ruched midi dress in camel – Grace spent £7.20, she saved £12.79 (64% off) through the Asos sale
6. New Look rugby collar sweat dress in brown stripe – Grace spent £10.35, she saved £15.64 (60% off) through the Asos sale
7. New Look Petite long sleeved ribbed tie front midi dress in camel – Grace spent £9.30, she saved £10.69 (53% off) through the Asos sale
8. Truffle Collection square toe mule heel sandals in white – Grace spent £20, she saved £14 (41% off) through the Mybag sale
Total spend: £134
Total Saving: £379 (62% discount)
"I also filtered by my sizes and that left me with 8,000 of the biggest deals in the Asos sale.”
From this, she managed to spot a AX Paris cami strap mini dress for a huge 78% off the original price which she says is perfect to wear "for an evening meal out with the girls.”
“To go over my dress I bought a super trendy oversized blazer," she continued."My girlfriends paid north of £100 for their oversized blazers, I paid less than half that for my Forever U blazer, getting 68% off the price.”
Similarly, Grace also found a "cute" 4th and Reckless mini blazer dress for 66% off to pair with a Carvela Jayla shoulder bag for 64% off.”
Grace’s top tips for finding huge fashion deals:
1. Filter. Filter. Filter -Big sales can be overwhelming, all you want to see are the biggest deals that have your sizes left in stock. Filter by discount if possible, and filter by your size first to only see the deals you might buy.
2. Shop ‘off-brand’ -Some of the best savings I find in big sales are from not well known brands. Sites like Asos now feature customer reviews on products, which gives me more confidence buying brands I might not have heard of before.
Follow Grace on Instagram to see more of her amazing fashion deals.
She also picked up some New Look buys for a fraction of the price, including three dresses for just £26
“My favourite one is the rugby collar dress, as it’s perfect for those casual bottomless brunches with the girlies, "she said. "And it’s completely different to what I currently have in my wardrobe.”
And completing her new summer wardrobe, the fashion enthusiast picked up a pair of Truffle Collection square toe mule heels for 41% off, that's a saving of £14.
Stuart McClure, the co-founder of LovetheSales.com, commented on Grace’s ‘going out’ fashion deals, and said: “Searches for going out clothing have skyrocketed by 350% in June (vs June 2020 figures), as many of us across the UK start planning trips out with friends and family.
"Grace has some killer tips for shoppers looking to bag the biggest bargains in the summer sales.”
Plus this savvy shopper saved £282 on her summer wardrobe & shares her thrifty tips so you can cut costs too.
Meanwhile, an etiquette expert reveals the summer fashion buys which make YOU look tacky from jean shorts to floral dresses.
Plus this shopaholic has made £20k renting out her clothes and says it’s an easy way to pay for more outfits.
Source: Read Full Article