Man facing jail for stalking Louise Minchin previously convicted for terrorising Girls Aloud ex Nicola Roberts

A man has pleaded guilty to stalking former BBC Breakfast host Louise Minchin by sending her and her adult daughter intimidating comments on Instagram.

Carl Davies, 44, was due to stand trial at Caernarfon Crown Court but changed his plea to both charges brought against him to guilty.

In 2017, Davies was given a lifetime restraining order after he was convicted of sending 3,000 messages to former Girls Aloud star Nicola Roberts. However, he breached the order the following year, but the case against him was dropped.

And he has now admitted to causing Louise and her daughter Mia alarm and distress in social media messages sent in 2020.


Judge Nicola Saffman has ordered him not to contact any women on any social media sites, and he is due to be sentenced on 15 December.

Speaking at the hearing, Saffman said: "This is a repeat offence, and the content of messages was extremely alarming, very serious, very intimidating, and clearly was intended to maximise distress."

"I need this to be very clear for Mr Davies that the most likely outcome will be immediate imprisonment."

Carl's sentencing has been adjourned until December 15, so a psychiatric report can be prepared for the former soldier who claims to be suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder.

His lawyer Duncan Bould claimed that he had little PTSD care after working as a close protection officer in Iraq.

It was also alleged that Carl's offences were carried out while he was drinking.

A previous hearing revealed how television host Louise lived in a "constant state of anxiety".

An order was previously granted banning the publication of the identity of Louise and her daughter during reporting of the case.

A crown court judge has since lifted the order.

Three years earlier, singer Nicola slammed the Crown Prosecution Service after failing to prosecute her ex-boyfriend Carl.

Carl was set to stand trial for breaching a lifetime restraining order, but his case was dropped.

The decision left Nicola disappointed, with the star telling The Sunday Times: "This is a relationship which ended 10 years ago.

"I should be able to move on from an unhealthy relationship if I want to, and that has not been able to happen for me.

"You are too scared to take the dogs out for a walk because when someone plants vicious seeds you just imagine every possible outcome."

Davies was given a lifetime restraining order in May 2017 after he was convicted of sending 3,000 messages to Nicola.

The messages were sent from 35 different social media accounts, and while some were declarations of love, others were scary threats against her.

In a victim impact statement, Nicola said: "The messages he sent reminded me of all the terrible things that happened when we were together.

"It was only really last year when he started threatening my friend that I realised things couldn't go on, and I reported it to the police."

Nicola dated Davies for 18 months at the start of her career after finding fame with Girls Aloud.

For more showbiz updates, sign up for OK! 's daily newsletter here.

Source: Read Full Article