Strictly: Anton tells Dan Walker to ignore Craig's feedback
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
BBC Breakfast presenter Dan Walker, 44, has taken to Twitter to send his well wishes to Strictly Come Dancing judge Craig Revel Horwood, 56, after it was confirmed he will miss the show next weekend due to testing positive for Covid. Dan penned in view of his 729,000 followers: “I hope Craig is ok and comes back as soon as possible.”
Fans took to the comments section of Dan’s tweet to share their thoughts on the news.
Amanda penned: “Yes, I do hope he’s ok and it’s only mild. Get well soon Craig.
“Wonder if he was beginning to feel under the weather on Saturday and that’s why he was so grumpy?”
Neil Giles joked to Dan: “Might explain why he gave you a ‘4’. He’d obviously lost his taste!!”
Chris Grandon commented: “Agree Dan, not the same without Craig. You might be in the running for your highest score yet though.
“Just kidding, get well soon CRH.”
It comes after a Strictly spokeswoman said: “Craig Revel Horwood has tested positive for Covid-19 and is now self-isolating following the latest government guidelines.
“While Craig will not be taking part in Strictly Come Dancing this weekend, all being well he will return the following week.”
Christine Hickmott tweeted: “I thought his voice sounded a bit scratchy on Saturday.”
It has not yet been confirmed whether Craig will be replaced on the panel this Saturday.
If the Australian choreographer isn’t replaced, each of the contestants will be marked out of 30 instead of the usual 40.
Both Judi Love and Tom Fletcher were previously forced to pull out of Strictly for a week due to testing positive for the virus.
Heath Freeman dead: Bones star and NCIS actor dies aged 41 [STATEMENT]
John Cleese ‘woke joke’ backlash after cancel culture claim: ‘Boring’ [OPINION]
Star Trek legend Marina Sirtis’ major error after refusing role [INTERVIEW]
Strictly stars have been allowed to continue performing after missing a week due to Covid this year in new regulations.
Meanwhile, Dan was defended by Craig’s fellow Strictly judge Anton Du Beke after he slammed the BBC presenter’s American Smooth.
Dan and his professional dance partner Nadiya Bychkova performed to Roger Miller’s track King of the Road on Saturday night, but received mixed reviews from the judges.
“It lacked any feeling I thought,” Craig began while giving his critique, as he insisted there was a “lack of style” throughout the dance.
“This should be really styled out and it wasn’t. There was no swing and sway. It wasn’t for me I’m afraid,” he said.
“No, don’t listen!” Anton shouted, encouraging Dan to ignore Craig’s comments.
Anton added: “I wanted Dan the man, I got Dan the dancer!
“He suddenly appeared in front of me. You took off, you took off down the floor. Your hold is amazing.”
Craig rated the routine a four, however, head judge Shirley Ballas and Motsi Mabuse each scored it an eight.
Anton gave Dan a score of nine, a series first for the BBC Breakfast presenter.
Source: Read Full Article